Purchase & Inventory Manager
Reports to: HR Manager
The Purchase and Inventory Manager will oversee resource utilization in the organization with a focus on efficiency. The manager will be responsible for cross-sectoral standardization in purchase practices, cultivation of healthy vendor relationships, inventory management and optimization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely availability of all required materials for effective delivery of projects on the ground
- Work with the management to streamline existing processes for purchase and inventory and develop and document new processes as required
- Develops and maintains inventory databases for supplies and materials used.
- Develop and maintain a database of all vendors and service-providers for the organization along with service-agreements as applicable. Ensure adherence to the agreements.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, prices, alternative materials and delivery conditions to anticipate future material availability and direct purchasing accordingly
- Negotiate and complete contracts with vendors for optimal cost and delivery time
- Review purchase orders and contracts for compliance with company and departmental policies.
- Collaborate with the program verticals and accounts team to maximize efficiency in the purchasing and inventory control
- Communicate with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale
- Sets authorization limits for staff members
- Purchases large and complex items
- Ensure the maintenance of an asset register and insurance for all assets
- Complete regular maintenance activities of all electronic and other assets for the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field with coursework in purchasing and/or inventory control management, required.
- At least three years of buying or purchasing experience required with supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software, as well as inventory software.
- May be asked to travel to visit vendors or different project locations